Become a Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH)
Introduction of C|PENT
Is This CPENT Course For Me?
We have helped over 250,000 people answer this question over the past 20 years and we are excited to help you with this big decision! Choosing the right credential can seem like a difficult task, here are some things you should consider:
The C|PENT range consists of entire network segments that replicate an enterprise network — this is not a computer game simulation; this is an accurate representation of an enterprise network that will present the latest challenges to the pen tester. The benefit of hands on learning in a live cyber range is that candidates will encounter multiple layers of network segmentation, and the C|PENT course will teach candidates how to navigate these layers, so that once access is gained in one segment, a candidate will know the latest pivoting techniques required to reach the next. However, that won’t be enough on its own as the targets and segments are progressive in nature, so once you get into one machine and or segment, the next one will challenge you even more!
- 100% mapped with the NICE framework.
- 100% methodology-based penetration testing program.
- Blends both manual and automated penetration testing approaches.
- Designed with the most common penetration testing practices offered by the best service providers.
- Maps to all major Job Portals. Role Title: Penetration Tester and Security Analyst.
- Provides strong reporting writing guidance.
- Gives a real-world experience through an Advanced Penetration Testing Range.
- Provides candidates with standard Pen test for use in the field.
The C|PENT program is the next step after the Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH) certification on the journey to the Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT) Master. There is a lot of chatter out in “the ether” that refers to C|EH as a Pen Test program. That information is not correct. The C|EH course was designed to teach the tools and methods deployed by cyber criminals.
The C|PENT and its now-retired predecessor courses, the EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA) and the Advanced Penetration Tester (APT), are pen test courses that were designed to take the concepts taught in CEH and apply them to time-proven pen test methodologies.
You have the potential to earn two certifications with one exam. If you score above a 90% on the CPENT live range exam, not only will you earn the CPENT certification, but you will also earn the Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT) Master Credential!
To be a LPT (Master) means that you can find chinks in the armor of defense-in-depth network security models with the help of network pivoting, making exploit codes work in your favor, or by writing Bash, Python, Perl, and Ruby scripts. The live range CPENT exam demands that you think on your feet, be creative in your approach, and not rely on the conventional techniques.
Outsmarting and out maneuvering the adversary is what sets you apart from the crowd. The CPENT’s hands-on exam offers a challenge like no other by simulating a complex network in real time. This experience will test your perseverance and focus by forcing you to outdo yourself with each new challenge.
Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT) certified professional can:
- Demonstrate a repeatable and measurable approach to penetration testing
- Perform advanced techniques and attacks to identify SQL injection, Cross site scripting (XSS), LFI, RFI vulnerabilities in web applications
- Submit a professional and industry accepted report that achieves management and technical buy-in
- Get access to proprietary EC-Council penetration testing methodologies
- Write exploit codes to gain access to a vulnerable system or application
- Exploit vulnerabilities in Operating systems such as Windows, Linux
- Perform privilege escalation to gain root access to a system
- Demonstrate ‘Out-of-the-box’ and ‘lateral’ thinking
- Ensure the integrity and value of the penetration testing certification, in a fully online, remotely proctored certification exam
An Exciting Career Awaits A C|PENT
Time of Completion
Making an informed decision is difficult, and that’s where EC-Council’s C|PENT brochure comes to your rescue. The Certified Penetration Testing Professional (C|PENT) credential is the most trusted penetration testing certification that employers worldwide value, and for good reasons.
The comprehensive curriculum covers how to pen test IoT and OT systems, write your own exploits, build your own tools, conduct advanced binaries exploitation, double pivot to access hidden networks, customize scripts/exploits to get into the innermost segments of the network, and much more.
When you successfully achieve the C|PENT certification, you will be equipped with every skill you need to perform an effective penetration test in an enterprise network environment that must be attacked, exploited, evaded, and defended.
This is only an overview of C|PENT and what you will learn.
For complete information, download the brochure now.